What is Coaching
Coaching develops people, can enhance performance significantly and places individuals on the fast track to realising their full potential. All this happens through developing personal leadership skills, setting realistic challenging goals, so as to reach them faster, make better decisions, and enhance communication and relationships between people.
Clear and measurable results for the individual can include improvements in:
- Leadership development
- Strategic planning skills
- Goal setting
- Achieving goals quicker
- Inspiring and motivating teams
- Working relationships
Benefits for the organization can include improvements in:
- Management and leadership skills within the team
- Creativity, empowerment and ownership
- More effective implementation of organizational change through supporting teams and individuals
- Commitment from individuals
- Increased retention of key people who feel more part of the team and organisation
Leadership Coaching is a collaborative, individualised relationship/partnership between a leader and a coach. The leader can well be an executive, manager, supervisor, team leader or business owner i.e. anyone in charge or responsible for a group of people. Both sides work to reach an agreed-upon destination. The aim of the partnership is to bring about sustained behavioural change and transform the quality of the leader’s working and personal life so as to help them be the best they can be in their job, career, own business were influencing/persuading people is a key element of their job. It also can include working with individuals or teams in executive or management positions.