What is Coaching
Coaching develops people, can enhance performance significantly and places individuals on the fast track to realising their full potential. All this happens through developing personal leadership skills, setting realistic challenging goals, so as to reach them faster, make better decisions, and enhance communication and relationships between people.
Clear and measurable results for the individual can include improvements in:
- Leadership development
- Strategic planning skills
- Goal setting
- Achieving goals quicker
- Inspiring and motivating teams
- Working relationships
Benefits for the organization can include improvements in:
- Management and leadership skills within the team
- Creativity, empowerment and ownership
- More effective implementation of organizational change through supporting teams and individuals
- Commitment from individuals
- Increased retention of key people who feel more part of the team and organisation
Management coaching is a form of development in which a person called a coach supports a learner or client in achieving a specific personal or professional goal by providing training and guidance. Occasionally, it may mean an informal relationship between two people, of whom one has more experience and expertise than the other and offers advice and guidance as the coachee learns.