The trauma of redundancy and losing one’s job is a most difficult situation for employees and employers, most particularly the employee who is being made redundant. Talent Fusion understand this trauma, and through their own experience of redundancy and this outplacement support, aim to ease this and help participants look forward to new opportunities and new challenges through securing new employment. There is a focus on the present and future, identifying an employee’s innate talents and skills and matching them to organisation’s requirements.
During and after a redundancy period, those affected need to be able to:
- Identify what jobs / careers suit their competencies, skills, qualifications and employment experience
- Prepare and tailor a Cover Letter (CL) and Curriculum Vitae (CV) for different employers and secure interviews
- Plan and organise a job hunt campaign around their work and personal lives
- Demonstrate expected competency-based interview skills and techniques that will impress employers
- Be confident in the knowledge that they will secure suitable employment quickly
Talent Fusion assist people in their voluntary / involuntary redundancy decision-making process (on-site or off-site). We also help the individual to discover their personal potential and recognize strategies to deal with the personal effects of change.